Assam Secretariat 173 Vacancies of JAA: Recruitment Notice from Assam Secretariat (now Janata Bhawan) to invites online application from the intending eligible candidates who are citizens of India having registration number in employment exchange in the state of Assam for filling up the Assam Secretariat 173 Vacancy of Junior Administrative Assistant.
- Online application will start from 31.07.2020
- Last date of Online application 31.08.2020
Latest NEWS: Please read the vacancies as 173 instead of 170 appearing at para I and also read the reservation in UR category as 60 instead of 57 appearing at para 2(i) in the official Advertisement issued vide No.S(E)179/2018/96 dated 24/07/2020.
Further, please read as “and Office Menrolandum No.ABP0l/2019/16 dated 3l/l2/20l9” after O.M, No.ABP07/2019/4 dated l0-04-2019 appearing at para No.6(x) of the said Advertisement. Read the official Corrigendum notice here
As per Corrigendum No.S(E) /179/2018/104 dated 19th August, 2020 relating to Office Memorandum No. ABP. 07/2019/16 dated 31/12/2019, Income Certificate to a person of Economically Weaker Section is issued if the gross annual income of his/her family is below Rs. 8.00 lakh instead of Rs. 6.00 lakh as mentioned in the earlier Office Memorandum No. ABP. 07/2019/4 dated 10.04.2019.
Candidates of EWSs who have already submitted Income Certificate with a gross annual income of their family as below Rs. 6.00 lakh or Rs. 8.00 lakh are not required to submit again.
Candidates of EWSs who have not submitted Income Certificates may do so if the gross annual income of their family is below Rs. 8.00 lakh. Download the EWS Format from here
Assam Secretariat JAA Post Details:
The following are the details like age limit, qualification, mode of selection, how to apply for Assam Secretariat Recruitment of JAA for 173 vacancies.
- No of Vacancies: 170 +3 Posts,
- Name of the posts: Junior Administrative Assistant,
- Reservation of posts:
- UR: 57 +3=60 Posts (Corrigendum No S(E)179/2018/I04)
- ST (P): 14 Nos.
- ST (H): 12 Nos.
- SC: 14 Nos.
- OBC/MOBC: 40 Nos.
- Person with Disability: 14 Nos.
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS): 19 Nos.
Note: In all categories as per existing provision 30% Reservation for women and 2% Reservation for Ex-servicemen.
- Age Limitation: The candidate should not be less than 18 years and more than 38 years of age as on 01.01.2020. The upper age limit is relaxable as follows:
- 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
- 3 years for OBC/MOBC candidates.
- 2 years for Ex-servicemen.
- 10 years for PwD candidates.
NOTE: The age limit of the candidates will be calculated on the basis of the Matriculation/ HSLC Admit Card/ Certificate issued by a recognized Board/ Council. No other document shall be accepted in lieu thereof for the purpose.
- Educational Qualification for recruitment of Assam Secretariat 173 Vacancy:
- The applicants must be Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University with minimum 45% marks, 40% for SC/ST candidates in their degree examination
- The candidates must possess a minimum of 06 (six) months Diploma/Certificate in computer proficiency from a recognized institute. They must have a good working knowledge of office productivity software tools (independent of any operating system, r.e. MS Windows, Linux, MAC, etc.) such as Word processor, SpreadSheet, presentation graphics, the concept of database, internet, and email.
NOTE: The decision of the Secretariat Administration (Estt.) Department as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the examination shall be final.
Mode of Selection for Assam Secretariat JAA Recruitment:
For the selection of candidates for Assam Secretariat 173 Vacancies of JAA, there will be two phases. Those areas elaborate below.
- Phase I: Written TEST
The candidates whose applications are accepted will be required to appear in an objective type written test to be held in the District Headquarters of Assam on a date to be notified later on. The syllabus of the Objective Type Written Test will be as follows:
|General English including General|
Knowledge and Quantitative Aptitude
|Knowledge of Computer (Theory)||50 marks|
|Language Skills Test in Assamese/|
Bengali/ Bodo/ Alternative English
- Phase II: Computer Practical Test and Precis Writing test
Against each vacancy, three candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the marks obtained in the written test. After the written test, the shortlisted candidates will have to appear in a Computer Practical Test and Precis Writing test to be held centrally in Guwahati.
Total marks for the Computer (Practical) Test will be 50 Marks and Precis Writing Test will be 50 Marks. They will have to bring all the original testimonials i.e. Age proof Certificate, Caste Certificate (in case of reserved category candidates), Educational Qualification Certificates and Marksheet, Computer Proficiency Certificate, income, and Asset Certificate of the family issued by the competent authority (in case of candidates belonging to EWS), Employment Exchange Registration Certificate, Disability Certificate (in case of PwD candidates) and Declaration in Form-“A” as available in the website.
How to Apply for Assam Secretariat 170 JAA posts: Online Apply Link
The eligible and intending candidate can apply online for Assam Secretariat 170 Vacancy and find the instructions for filling up a prescribed online form on the website: recruitmentsad.in.
NOTE: Candidate are required to apply in prescribed form through Online mode only no other mode for submission of application link will be allowed.
The following are the Important Documents required to upload during submission of Online application:
- A latest passport size photograph.
- Admit Card/ Certificate of H.S.L.C. examination.
- Graduation Certificate and Marksheet.
- Declaration in Form “A” under rule 5(1) of the Assam Public Services (Application of Small Family Norms in Direct Recruitment) Rules, 2019. Specimen Copy is available in the website www,recruitmentsad.in.
- Caste Certificate (in case of reserved category candidates).
- Disability Certificate (in case of PwD category candidates) issued by the competent authority.
- Income and Assets Certificate of the family issued by the officer, not below the rank of Circle Officer as per provision of para 5 of O.M.ABP.07 /201-9/4, dated 70-04-201.9 (in case of EWS candidates). Specimen copy is available in the website www.recruitmentsad.in:
- Discharge Book No. & Date, place of issue (in respect of Ex-Servicemen).
- Download the Declaration Form A
- Download the Income and Assets Certificate (in case of EWS Candidates)