Did you want to apply for EWS Certificate in Assam? But don’t know how to do it!! Don’t worry you are in the right place. Because in this article I’m going to describe how you can apply for the EWS Certificate. So, read this article until the last paragraph to know everything about the EWS certificate.
We are all aware of our category system, which is divided into four different castes across India; they are General/UR, OBC/MOBC, ST, and SC. And we also aware of the relaxation of upper age limitation in government school/college admission, government jobs and more. Whereas people belong to general caste left behind of those benefits. So, that’s why the government has decided to include one relaxation certificate for General Categories candidate i.e EWS (Economically Weaker Section).
Now those candidates who have their EWS certificate will get 10% reservation on the various fields like government jobs & admission to any govt’ registered school and colleges or in the future this certificate will help you to get more benefits on different government schemes.
Table of Contents
- Eligibility to get EWS Certificate:
- Documents Required to apply for EWS Certificate in Assam.
- Benefits of EWS Certificate:
- Who is Issuing & Verifying EWS Certificate?
- How to Apply Income & Asset Certificate?
- How to Apply EWS Certificate in Assam or anywhere else in India?
- Validity of EWS Certificate:
- EWS Certificate Application form:
- EWS Certificate Online Application Form:
Eligibility to get EWS Certificate:
Yes! you have to be eligible to get EWS Certificate. There are two criteria to be eligible for this certificate. One is Income and the other is Asset. So, let’s discussed these two eligibility criteria in deep.
- Persons who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs, and OBCs and whose family has a gross annual income below Rs 8 lakh is to be identified as EWSs for benefit of reservation.
- Income shall also include income from all sources i.e. salary, agriculture, business, profession, etc. for the financial year prior to the year of application.
Also, persons whose family owns or possesses any of the following assets shall be excluded from being identified as EWS (Economically Weaker Section), irrespective of the family income.
- 15 Bigha of agricultural land and above in the rural area
- 1 Bigha of residential land and above in the rural area
- 1.5 Katha of land in notified Municipal Corporation/ Municipal Board/ Town Committee Area
- House of built-up areas more than 1000 sq.ft and above in notified Municipal Corporation/ Municipal Board/ Town Committee Area.
Documents Required to apply for EWS Certificate in Assam.
The following are the documents required for getting benefits under this reservation.
- A voter ID card or Citizenship Certificate of self or parents
- PAN card of self or parents
- Birth Certificate issued by Competent authority/Admit card of the certificate of Madhyamik or equivalent examination
- Payslip of Self/Parents
- Income Certificate from prescribed authorities
- Residential Certificate
- RoR/Parcha/Registered Deed
- Certificate in support of sub-caste from Pradhan of Gram Panchayat, Chairman of Municipalities, Councillor of Municipal Corporations.
Also Recommended for You
Benefits of EWS Certificate:
So far you must have the IDEA!! that this certificate is a life saviour for the economically weak sections, but most importantly it is beneficial for the General Categories candidates. Here are some other privileged for EWS Certificate holders below:
- 10% Reservation on Government Jobs In India
- 10% Reservation on government School/Colleges/University in India
- Through this certificate, you are eligible to get some government schemes.
- In future, this 10% reservation helps you more then you thought.
Who is Issuing & Verifying EWS Certificate?
Every state of India has its own department to issue or verify Caste Certificates such as SC/ST/OBC/MOBC & PH. Basically those certificate has been issuing or verifying at the office of Deputy Commissioner in different states or district in India.
Hence the Assam government has its own deputy commissioner office where they can issue or verify those certificates for each district in Assam.
EWS Certificate can be issued under the production of Income & Asset certificate verified by the Circle officer in your nearest revenue circle office.
First you have to produce Income & Asset Certificate to eligible to issue EWS Certificate from governing authorities. Here is the procedure to produce Income & Asset Certificate.
How to Apply Income & Asset Certificate?
It is very easy to produce Income & Asset Certificate. Just go to the Mouzadar or Land Revenue Circle Office along with your Land Tax Receipt (Khajana Rasid) and show them. They will make a temporary certificate. But in this case, your all income & asset will be measure and check them together to product proper Income & Asset Certificate for you. Here is the step below to product Income & Asset Certificate for EWS Certificate apply in Assam or anywhere else in India.
- Fill up your Income & Asset Certificate Application form
- Submit it along with supporting documents at your nearest Circle Office.
- After your form verification, You have to min 2-3 days before getting the Original Income & Asset Certificate signed by Circle Officer.
How to Apply EWS Certificate in Assam or anywhere else in India?
As I told you earlier that, to make EWS Certificate you have to make first a certificate which is income & asset certificate. It bases on this certificate only.
Without your income & asset measurement, you can not produce an EWS Certificate under General Category.
Here are the below-mentioned steps to Apply EWS Certificate in Assam?
- Download your EWS Certificate application form
- Print your form as Hard Copies and fill up with the required details
- Submit your filled application form along with your documents & certificates at your nearest Circle Office or DC Office.
- Now, Circle Officer will check your submitted form carefully.
- After, the form verification you have to wait few days like 2-3 days to collect original ESW Certificate.
Validity of EWS Certificate:
The validity of the Economically weaker section Certificate is only 1 year from the date of issue. It provides validity on 1 financial year. So, It is more useful when you make it the first week of the financial year starts then you will get 100% benefits of this certificate. But Once your validity is expired of the EWS Certificate, then you have re-apply it for this certificate to its benefits in the next financial year. There is no renewal system available for EWS Certificate In India.
EWS Certificate Application form:
To apply EWS Certificate in Assam, You have to fill up An EWS Application form where you can download this form directly from here. Here is the below-given link to download EWS certificate application form in Assam
EWS Certificate Online Application Form:
The online application system is the most convenient system then offline. Currently, there is no EWS Online Application form available in Assam. You have to apply it through submitting offline EWS Application form. But in other states of India has its own online EWS Certificate apply system such as Andra Pradesh, Rajasthan, Maharastra, Delhi, Panjab. In some future days, all the remaining states of India will get Online EWS Certificate application form.
Presently that’s all about EWS Certificate information that I have. I will update this article with some new information about EWS Certificate once I get. If you think that, this article is helpful for people in Assam as well other India states then Please share this article with others. And also If you have any questions regarding this article certificate then feel free to comment below. I will reply as soon as possible. Thanks for visiting assamcareer.net.