This is for information of all concerned that pursuant upon the resolutions of the meeting of all the Deans of Committee all Faculties, Registrar, Secretary, University Classes, Controller of Examinations, Chairman, Web Management chaired by the Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor, G.U. held on 20.07.2020, the following decisions in connection with the conduct of examinations for Gauhati University and its affiliated colleges are notified.
- Evaluation for promotion for Intermediate (Even) semester regular students of all the Undergraduate and Post Graduate courses will be carried out on the basis of internal assessment and marks obtained in the previous semester examination(s).
- For all courses of Under Graduate and Post Graduate Final semester examination will be held preferably in blended mode from 2nd week of September 2020 in accordance with the UGC Notification No. D.O.No.F.I1/2020 (Secy) dated. 8th July 2020 depending on the normalcy of the Covid-19 situation. A detailed notification will be issued three weeks prior to the date of examination by the Controller of Examinations, G.U.
- For students having arrears for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses, internal marks need to be submitted by the colleges and the academic departments on or before 14 August 2020.
- Filling up of examination forms is mandatory for evaluation and promotion in relation to all regular and arrear examinations.
- Final semester examination for Engineering courses will be held in Online mode and will be notified shortly.
- Regarding examinations for the B.Ed Courses, a separate notification will be issued in due course by the Controller of Examinations, G.U.
- For all examinations, 20% of the total examination fee has been waived.