Hey readers, Good to see you! If you are here, then you must be looking for B.Tech/M. Tech Course or programme details in Gauhati University. Do you want to know the date of admission in GU B.Tech/ M. Tech Course? If yes then you visit the right place; because here I am to explain every single detail of GU M.Tech or GU B.Tech programme.
You guys can refer this post to your loved one by sharing on Facebook, WhatsApp or any other social mode. Also, hit the bell icon to receive automatic notification of GU B.Tech/ M.Tech Admissions!!
So, Shall we begin now!!
GU B.Tech/M.Tech Programme Details:
Gauhati University Institute of Science and Technology (GUIST) will start the admission process for B.Tech, B.Tech-Lateral, M.Tech soon. Programmes ( M.Tech online started from 19th May) of for the session 2018-19. As we know the admission and counselling for B.Tech programmes will be through JEE (Main)-2018 and CEE (Assam)-2018. The Candidate with valid PRC of Assam only can attend the counselling. Note that there is no need for submission of forms for the B.Tech. Admission before counselling.
Note for the B.Tech. (Lateral) candidates: They will have to appear in an Entrance test for which applications will be available online.
Now for the M.Tech. There are provisions through Direct admission for the candidates with valid GATE score and entrance test for others. Note that the Online form fill-up for direct entry into the M.Tech, Programme is available from May 16, 2018, Wednesday. But it is postponed to 19th May. So Apply Now for the direct admission. Scroll down I have mentioned the steps. Also, you can check the steps in PDF format!
Date of Admission for GU B.Tech/M.Tech:
GU B.Tech/M.Tech Important Dates
|B.Tech. (4 years.)|
|Counselling for JEE(Main) qualified candidates||May 29, 2018 Tuesday at 2 p.m|
|Admission for JEE(Main) qualified candidates||May 29, 2018 to June 1, 2018|
|Counselling and Admission for CEE(Assam) qualified candidates||Will be notified|
|B.Tech. (lateral entry to 2nd years)|
|Online Application starts from||29/05/2018 (Tuesday)|
|Last date of Online Application||29/06/2018 (Friday)|
|Date of Entrance Exam||10/07/2018 (Tuesday)|
|Date of declaration of result B.Tech. Lateral||25/07/2018 (Wednesday)|
|Date of Counselling and Admission for B.Tech. Lateral||27/07/2018 (Friday)|
|M.Tech (Direct Admission Through GATE)|
|online form submission starts||19/05/2018(Saturday)|
|Last date of online form submission||18/06/2018 (Monday)|
|Date of declaration of provisionally selected candidates||21/06/2018 (Thursday)|
|Date of Counselling and Admission for GATE qualified|
|Will be notified|
|Date of Counselling and Admission for GATE qualified|
candidates for waiting List
|Will be notified|
|M.Tech through Entrance exam||Will be notified|
Hey, do you like us on facebook if not then hit the Like Button Now! Here
Total Number Of Seats of M.Tech and B.Tech (Branch Wise):
GU B.Tech & M.Tech Total Number of Seats
|Technical Branch||Number of Seats|
|B.Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering||40 Seats|
|B.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering||36 Seats|
|B.Tech. in Information Technology ||36 Seats|
|B.Tech. in Biotechnology ||24 Seats|
|M.Tech. in Signal Processing and Communication||18 Seats|
|M.Tech. in Signal Processing and VLSI Design||18 Seats|
|M.Tech. in Information Technology||18 Seats|
|M.Tech in Biotechnology||18 Seats|
|M.Tech in Materials Science and Technology||18 Seats|
Eligibility/ Admission Criteria for Admission in GU B.Tech/M.Tech Programme:
To take admission in GU B.Tech/M. Tech Programme one must fulfill the eligibility criteria as well as the admission criteria. Here Below I have mentioned all the details-
Gauhati University B.Tech/M.Tech Programme Eligibility criteria:
The following are the brief description of G.U M.Tech & B.Tech Course and its eligibility Criteria-
GU B.Tech. (4 years.):
The eligibility criteria as per JEE Main (PRC holders of Assam) and CEE (Assam) norms. Here note that the admission is only for limited course those are- Biotechnology, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Information Technology.
GU B.Tech. (lateral entry to 2nd years) Programme Eligibility Criteria (Subject wise):
- Biotechnology: The candidate should possess 03-year Polytechnic Diploma or equivalent/ B.Sc. in relevant branch
- Computer Science and Engineering/ Information Technology: The candidate should possess 03-year Polytechnic Diploma or equivalent in the concerned branch/B.Sc. in relevant branch
- Electronics and Communication Engineering: Similarly here also, the candidate should possess 03-year Polytechnic Diploma or equivalent in the concerned branch / B.Sc in Electronics
Note that the B.Sc candidates having Mathematics at (10+2) level only are eligible.
GU M.Tech. Programme Eligibility Criteria (Subject wise):
- Biotechnology (2 years): The candidate having M.Sc (Biotechnology and or allied subjects) or B.Tech.(Biotechnology and or allied subjects) or B.S. (Medical Biotechnology) are eligible.
- Signal Processing and Communication (2 yrs), Signal Processing and VLSI Design (2years): The candidates having B.Tech./B.E. in Elect. & Comm. Engg./ Instrumentation /Electrical Engg. or M.Sc. (El. Sc. /ECT/Instr.) or equivalent is eligible for the admission.
- Information Technology (2 years): The candidate should possess B.E./B. Tech. in CSE/IT/ECE/ MCA/M.Sc.-IT/ M.Sc.-CS/ M.Sc.- “Maths & Computing” or equivalent
- Materials Science and Technology (2 years): The applicant must have B.S. (4 yrs)/ M..Sc./ B.Tech. in relevant branches.
Apart from the above eligibility criteria, the candidate should also satisfy the following admission criteria.
Gauhati University B.Tech/M.Tech Programme Admission criteria:
The following are the brief description of G.U M.Tech & B.Tech Course and its admission Criteria-
- B.Tech. (4 years.): The admission criteria the candidate should have is as per JEE Main (PRC holders of Assam) and CEE (Assam) norms.
- B.Tech. (lateral entry to 2nd years): The candidate taking lateral Admission in G.U B.Tech course should appear the admissions that will be conducted by GUIST.
Admission Test will be conducted at GUIST on July 10, 2018, Tuesday
- For all M.Tech course, the candidate should note down the following admission criteria-
- Maximum 50% seats: the only GATE, qualified candidates in relevant branches
- Remaining seats: Through Entrance test conduct by GUIST
Admission criteria, dates etc. are to be notified by Gauhati University in the website, GUIST Information sheet, and GU Prospectus – 2018
Now I shall tell you about the Application fees, and the procedures!
Fees Structure of GU B.Tech/M.Tech Programme:
I hope now you have an idea that the seats available for the GU B.Tech/M. Tech Programme, first the JEE/CEE scores (only for B.Tech) and Gate scores (M.Tech) will get the preference, but the remaining seats are going to filled by direct G.U entrance Test. So, there are two separate fees, those are mentioned below-
Application Fee: For the B.Tech/ M.Tech candidate who seeks to take admission through the JEE/CEE scores or Gate scores has to pay an amount of Rs. 300/- (Three Hundred) only as application fee for each programme.
Fee for entrance: For B.Tech.-Lateral and M.Tech. Programmes candidate has to pay Rs. 200/- as entrance fee through SBI collect.
Are there Any Reservations?
Yes, there is, and reservation will be as per G.U. Rules. The candidates seeking admission under reserved categories (SC, ST, OBC, and MOBC) shall be given relaxation up to 5% (Five percent) of the marks prescribed for eligibility criteria. However, the relaxation will not apply to candidates seeking admission under any other reserved categories.
You can view the official Notification of G.U for further more details here,
Latest Updates of GU for B.Tech & M.Tech here
How to Apply for GU B.Tech/M.Tech Programme?
I shall now describe the procedure to apply online for the M.Tech/ B.Tech Program. Since the currently the B.Tech admission date is not yet notified I will share the M.Tech application procedure only for now. Before apply; you need to grab the few things as follows-
- Certificates of your academic qualifications from Class X,
- Scanned copy of Gate score card(max 100kb), signature(max. 50kb), photo (max. 50kb),
- Pan Card, Voter ID, Adhaar Card, etc. as identity documents.
- Debit card/ Credit card/ Net banking details for Payment
Here are the steps-
- First, you have to visit http://guist.edu.in/admission2018/instructions.php or (Click here to move directly),
- Now, carefully read the instructions and scroll down to the bottom,
- You will see that there is a link written with a big bold letter “Click here to apply”,
- you will lead to another page, Enter the details and valid phone number and email ID and click the NEXT button,
- Now you have to verify your phone number, (enter the OTP that you will receive in your mobile number),
- Then you will see a login ID in your screen note down. (You will also receive another SMS from GU with the Login ID,) click the NEXT button,
- Enter your login ID and password
- Fill the details carefully and click the NEXT button,
- Upload the Gate score card(max 100kb), signature(max. 50kb), photo (max. 50kb)
- After that, you will receive a congratulation message with the payment link, Click the link,
- You will now be redirected to the payment page of SBI,
- Now tick the box of declaration and proceed for payment,
- Choose the category to M.Tech Direct Admission(With Gate Score),
- Automatically you will redirect to the payment, where first fill the details and submit it,
- Confirm the input is correct and click the confirm button
- Now, select the suitable option for payment and make the payment.
- That’s it you are done!
Now I am pretty much sure you understand the procedure, but for better view check the steps in pdf format here
Thanks! for more updates stay tuned and don’t miss a single opportunity to find your suitable Jobs. So subscribe our website and Hit the bell Icon and allow to receive a Free Job Alert Assam. Also, Share the Post to as many as you can.