Guwahati College Bamunimaidam Assam invites applications in the format prescribed by the DHE, Assam (also available at the college website www.guwahaticollege.org.in) along with complete Bio-data and all testimonials from HSLC onwards from eligible candidates having good academic records and latest UGC norms for direct recruitment of the following vacant posts of Assistant Professors:
- Assistant Professor in Education: 01 Post (PWD-UR) [Roster Point-01]
- Assistant Professor in Economics: 01 Post (STP) [Roster Point-35]
- Assistant Professor in Botany: 01 Post (STP) [Roster Point-55]
- Assistant Professor in Chemistry: 01 Post (UR), [Roster Point- 20]
Educational Qualification: The candidates must have at least 55% marks at the Master Degree level (5% is relaxable to the candidates belonging to ST/ SC Category) in the concerned subject and must have cleared the NET/ SLET/ SET conducted by the UGC/ CSIR or similar test accredited by UGC like SLET Commission.
The candidates having Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the UGC (Minimum standard & procedure for award of Ph. D Degree) Regulation, 2009 shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET.
Age Limit: Candidates should not be more than 38 (Thirty-Eight) years of age as on 01.01.2020. There will be an age relaxation of 5 years for ST/SC candidates.
Application Fees: Rs. 2000/-(Rupees Two Thousand only)
How to apply: Applications with relevant documents, along with the documentary proof of submitting the application accompanied by a non-refundable demand draft of Rs. 2000/- (Rupees Two Thousand) only drawn in favor of the Principal, Guwahati College Payable at SBI, NEW Guwahati Branch. The applications must reach the undersigned within 20 days from the date of publication of this advertisement.
Date of Interview will be communicated to the eligible candidates later on.
- Candidates have to acquire qualifications as on the last date for submitting application Eligibility like M. Phil/ Ph.D. seminar papers, publications can be acquired and submitted on or before the interview.
- In-service candidates have to apply through proper channel with a NOC from the concerned authority. Without NOC the applications are liable to be rejected.
- The candidates must have a Permanent Residence Certificate and must know the local language.