Are you confused What stream to choose after your HSLC Exams results or Class 10 result? Or if you are confused What Stream to Choose for HS? Then here today I am discussing an alternative yet demanding Career course for you ie ITI Course in Assam. The Admission e-counselling for the ITIs of Assam will starts soon. GET the FULL details of ITI Assam Dates, registrations process and the criteria for admission in ITI Assam!
Please share the Post even if you are not qualified because someone might find helpful information from the post. Sharing is Caring!!
What Streams to Choose after HSLC? Or reframing it like What Stream is Good for HS? Well, this is the main turning point of your life. Choosing a perfect stream is more like selecting a perfect smartphone that suits you. If you have scored Good Marks in your HSLC Exams, then you can have more options, and ITI is the alternative one. But for those who scored low marks in the HSLC examination, this is the best options.
ITI Diploma is now most demanding Diploma from the Career point of View; as most of the companies and industries give chances to the ITI Candidates. We will talk on that topic; later but first, let us see the admission details of ITIs Institute in Assam.
DE&CT ASSAM-ITI eCounseling-2018-19:
Directorate of Employment and Craftsmen Training, Assam invites the permanent residents of Assam for ONLINE applications for admission into the Govt. ITIs of Assam for NCVT/CoE trades, SCVT trades, SCVT under IMC (SCVT trades run by IMC in some ITIs ) under Craftsmen Training Scheme for the session commencing from August 2018.
Now you must be thinking what is NCVT, SCTV, SCVT under IMC? So, let me first clear your confusions.
ITI (Industrial Training Institutes) and ITC (Industrial Training Centers) are post-secondary schools in India constituted under DGET ( Directorate General of Employment & Training ), Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Union Government to provide training in various trades. Every August the Assam State also conduct the admission process for Craftsmen Training Scheme in various ITIs in different trades. Under the training session there are three trade available in Assam, these are-
- NCVT (National Council for Vocational Training): Director General of Employment & Training under the directions of National Council of Vocational Training which is the apex body at Government of India level for coordinating the development of Vocational Training in the country. The NCVT certificates are issued to the passed out trainees of NCVT trades.
- SCTV (State Council for Vocational Training): Similar to the NCVT at Central level, State Council for Vocational Training at the State level is responsible for coordinating an integrated development of Vocational Training. The SCVT certificates are issued to the passed out trainees of SCVT trades.
- SCVT under IMC (Institute of Management Committee): It is an Upgrade version of SCVT, to improve the employment outcomes of graduates from the vocational training system, by making design and delivery of training more demand responsive
We shall see the admission details now!
Admission Details of ITIs in Assam 2018:
As I said above every year the Directorate of Employment & Craftsmen Training Assam, invites candidate of Class VIII to Class 10 (HSLC) passed to join in Government ITIs in Assam; with the objective to provide semi-skilled/skilled workers to the industry by systematic training and reducing the scale of unemployment.
Here are the important dates of Admission registration and others:
- Online Registration Starts from 8th June;
- Last date for Registration is 21st June 2018;
- Rank Generation of candidates: 28th June 2018
- 1st e-counselling Dates: 29th June 2018 to 3rd July 2018
- 2nd e-counselling dates: 13th July 2018 to 15th July 2018
- 3rd e-counselling 22nd Jully 2018 to 21st July 2018
- 4th e-counselling 3rd August 2018 to 4th August 2018
- 5th e-counselling 11th August 2018 to 13th August 2018
- 6th e-counselling 21st August 2018 to 22nd August 2018
Admission Fees structure Details:
The followings are the admission fees need to paid during the time of admission-
- Admission FOR NCVT & SCVT TRADES to be paid at a time
- Tuition fees per month @Rs.50/- Rs.600/- (For one year) and Rs.1200/- (for two years)
- Caution Money (Refundable) Rs.250/-
- Registration fees Rs.25/-
- Medical Examination fees Rs.25/-
- Trainees Union fees Rs.175/- (for one year)
- Rs.350/- (for two years)
- Hostel service charge (where applicable) Rs.50/-
- Hostel Caution Money (where applicable)(Refundable) Rs.250/-
- Course fees for IMC run SCVT courses to be paid at a time
- For Non Engineering courses Rs. 15,000/- per year
- For Engineering courses Rs.16,500/- per year(for one year) Rs. 33,000/(for two years)
Eligibility Criteria for Admission in Govt ITI in Assam:
Here in below you will find the Eligibility criteria for Admission in Govt ITIs in Assam-
What Educational Qualification required for admission in ITIs Assam?
ITI in Assam involved with the Engineering Courses and Non Engineering Courses. For both the course a minimum Educational Qualification is set. The candidate need to have minimum 8th passed qualification or 10th Pass qualification depending upon the course the candidate want to join. Here below a full details of the admission educational qualification in different course trades-
- Dress Making- The candidate should Passed 10th class under 10+2 system of education.
- Computer Operator & Programming Assistant, Stenographer & Secretarial Assistant (English), Secretarial Practice (English), Basic Cosmetology, Plumber, Fashion Design & Technology, Desk Top Publishing (DTP) Operator, Old age Care, Multi-Media, Animation and Special effect, Welder, Photographer- The candidate need to passed 10th class examination.
- BLTT (Bodo Language Transcription Trade)– The candidate should pass 10th class examination
- Mechanic Diesel Engine, Pump Operator cum mechanic, Plastic Processing Operator, Surveyor, Mechanic Tractor, Soil Testing and Crop Technician- The candidate should pass 10th class under 10+2 system of education with science & mathematics or its equivalent.
- COE sector(BBBT modules): Plastic processing sector, Fabrication(Fitting & welding) sector, Construction & wood working sector, Information Technology sector The candidate should pass 10th class examination.
- Fitter, Turner, Machinist, Electrician, Mechanic Motor Vehicle, Information Communication Technology System Maintenance, Mechanic Refrigeration & Air conditioner, Electronics Mechanic, Instrument mechanic, Draughtsman Civil, Draughtsman Mechanical, Mechanic Agricultural machinery , Mechanic Auto Body Painting, Mechanic Auto Body Repair, Maintenance Mechanic Chemical Plant: The candidate should passed 10th class under 10+2 system of education with science & mathematics or its equivalent.
- Wireman– The candidate need to passed in 8th class
- Sewing Technology, Surface Ornamentation techniques(Embroidery)– The candidate need to passed in 8th class.
If you want to check the number of Seat Available in ITIs Assam Click here
What should be the minimum Age of the Candidate for Admission in ITI ASSAM?
The minimum age limit of the candidate to take admission in Govt ITIs of Assam must not less than 14 years as on 1/08/2018.
I hope now you can find whether you are eligible for the Admission or Not!
What is the Selection procedure for the ITIs in Assam?
The selection for the available seats will be allocated on the merit basis, Yes, the marks obtained by the candidate in their entry qualification examination & following reservation rules in force. The differently able (PH) candidates will be considered only on production of trade suitability certificate issued from the Vocational Rehabilitation Centre (VRC) for handicapped, ITI Guwahati campus, Gopinath Nagar, Guwahati-16.
You can check Further More details here
Now let us proceed with the Registration details or Online application details.
Steps for Online Application or Registration for ITI Assam:
Here I will describe the step by step procedure for Online Registration of DE&CT ASSAM-ITI eCounseling-2018-19.
Step 1: At First, you need to visit the Website itiassam.nic.in (Link) and Register yourself(the registration link is highlighted with the red circle). The registration is one time process & it will be valid throughout the online counselling.
Step 2: Now you have to fill all the correct information and Click on the Submit You Details button. Take a print out and remember password filled during registration. You can correct information (if any); by logging in using Roll no printed on the printout and password.
Step 3: After taking the printout, candidate shall have to visit the nearest Govt. ITI for verification of his documents with the particulars filled during registration, as per scheduled dates on all working days during office hours. Now for verification note the following Points-
- If you have applied for the trade for entry qualification of class VIII pass trades shall produce the certificate in format-I (Click here to Download the format) along with mark sheet, while verification of their documents.
- For 10th pass entry qualification, they will produce HSLC pass documents & mark sheets at the time of verification.
- The candidates of CBSE courses are to fill their marks of each subject by converting from CGPA (multiplying by 9.5).
Step 4: Now note that the candidate will be eligible for filling his choices only after verification by the Govt. ITI. The candidate will have to check his/her rank (Merit position) on his page, when announced in the portal.
Step 5: For filling the choices the candidate has to login again by using Roll No. Printed & password; and after a successful login, the following option will be available to the candidate:
- Edit Registration: In case a you had entered any wrong information, you can edit the information by “Edit Registration” option, before verification.
- Available Choices: In this option, you will be provided with the list of institutes & courses (NCVT, SCVT and SCVT under IMC on payment of higher course fee) separately.
- Fill Choices: While in this option you can fill the institute & courses of his choice provided in the list in order of preference.
- Display filled Choices: Here the choices entered by you will be displayed to check the already entered information.
- Change Password: You can change your password using the option.
- Allotment letter: The Candidate can generate allotment letter before reporting for admission to an allotted institute.
Step 6: After finishing the choice filling, as per merit (Rank) & category of the candidate candidates will be considered for allotment of seats of their choices. The allocation of seat is purely provisional or temporary. If a seat is allotted, the candidate has to take printout again of his allotment letter & visit the allotted Govt. ITI for accepting the admission. If no seat is allotted, then the candidate has to participate in the next counselling by filling his choices again.
Note that you should fill the choice of yours as the date mentioned on the schedule.
Thanks! for your time on our website! If you like the post, then share it and comment below for any query 🙂
In addition, read the following-
Did you guys check the Assam Career Job Portal post? Where we share most of the Guwahati location JOb/ or Job news on a regular basis. Note that the Assam Career Job Portal is a very useful post which we update daily!
Moreover, the post contains some useful job notification which we don’t share on the Home page. To receive a notification when we update please click the Bell icon.