North Eastern Council(NEC) Merit Scholarship 2020: Under this scheme, students of NE are going to receive up to Rs. 30,000/- per annum amount of scholarship for fresh and renewal application.
Those students passed at least HSLC with 60% of marks can avail the benefits of this scholarship. However, only 1600 fresh application are invited for the students. So, if you are also interested to receive an amount from Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 30,000 per annum then you should apply online.
NEC Merit Scholarship Details
NEC Merit Scholarship for students of HS, Degree, Post-Graduate, PhD to provide up to Rs. 30,000/- per annum. Those students who have secured 60% marks on their HSLC, HS, Degree or PG exams are eligible for the scholarship scheme.
|Scheme||Financial Support to the Students of N.E.R for Higher Professional Courses|
|Year||2020 – 2021|
|Region||North East India|
|Benefits||From 20,000/- to 30,000/- per annum|
|Fresh Scholarship||Total 1600 application|
Eligibility of the scheme
There are some eligibility criteria required to be complied to get the benefit of NEC Merit scheme. Those are-
- Only permanent resident of North-Eastern states is eligible.
- Academic year should be 2020-21 and onwards.
- An annual income of parents should not exceed Rs. 8 lakh.
- He/She should secure 60% marks in HSLC, HS, Degree or PG course.
- The student should not be benefitted under any other scholarship/ financial assistance from any other source.
- A student who is working or in-service are not eligible for the scheme.
- A student shall only be considered for a scholarship in the year of commencement of his/her course.
- The student shall be admissible to Diploma, Degree, Post-graduate or registration in M.Phil or PhD course.
- The grant for M.Phil and PhD who be considered after the registration.
- NEC Scholarship will not be available for an internship or practical training.
- Students pursuing dual course (Degree+PG) will be entitled to receive.
- scholarship for Degree Level only.
Also, Check out Pragyan Scheme | Free Scooty for girls in Assam
Benefits of the Scheme
The benefits of NEC Merit Scholarship are discussed on the table below. As so far, we know that benefits are from Rs. 20,000/- to Rs. 30,000/- per annum to a student. check out complete details below-
|Level||Amount of Scholarship|
|Diploma||Rs. 20,000/- p.a.|
|Degree||Rs. 22,000/- p.a.|
|Post Graduate||Rs. 25,000/- p.a.|
|M.Phil/Ph.D||Rs. 30,000/- p.a.|
How to apply for NEC Merit Scholarship 2020?
Those students who are interested and eligible for the given conditions can apply online at National Scholarship Portal (NSP) website www.scholarships.in. NEC Merit Scholarship 2020 is for limited students of 1600 only so the department will scrutinize and select the eligible candidates.
For more application details, you can check out the scholarships.in website and read the complete notification on how to apply for the NEC scholarship?
Documents required on the scholarship
Some important documents are required and mandatory to fill the application so you should check out those.
- PRC (Permanent Residential Certificate)
- Income Certificate
- Bank Account Passbook (applicant a/c is only considered)
- HSLC, HS, Degree Certificate (previous qualifying details)
- Synopsis signed by the project guide / Director(Research) or any official authorised by the Institute/University in the case of M.Phil/Ph.D candidates.
- Any other documents required under NSP guidelines.
Official Notification- NSP Website