New Education Policy 2020 NEWS 29 July 2020: On a media briefing today 29th July 2020, Ministry of HRD, Dr. RP Nishank, Minster of environment Prakash Javadekar announced the new National Educational Policy (NEP) 2020 to the media. The following are the Highlighted Points of MHRD NEP 2020-
1. Early Childhood Care and Education: Ensuring universal access to high-quality Early Childhood Care and Education across the country. ECCE will focus on developing social capacities, sensitivity, good behavior, courtesy, ethics, personal & public cleanliness, teamwork & cooperation among children.
2. Promoting Multilingualism: The medium of instruction (preferably) until Grade 8 & beyond, will be the home language/ mother-tongue/ local language/ regional language. Starting from the Foundational Stage, children will be exposed to different languages with a particular emphasis on the mother tongue.
3. Equitable & Inclusive Education: New Education Policy 2020 will provide equitable & inclusive education for all, Gender-Inclusion Fund will be set up by GoI. The fund will be available to States, to support & scale effective community-based interventions that address barriers to female & transgender children’s access to education.
4. Gross Enrolment Ratio: Targeting a 50% Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in higher education by 2035. While a number of new institutions may be developed to attain these goals, a large part of the capacity creation will be achieved by consolidating/expanding/improving existing HEIs.
5. Equitable & Inclusive Education Tactics: In order to ensure equitable & inclusive education to all, tactical strategies will be made, and concrete steps will be taken for making quality higher education opportunities available to all individuals. The following image will through some spotlight on the strategies-
6. Recruitment of Teachers through Transparent processes: Teachers will be recruited through robust and transparent processes. Promotions will be merit-based, and a mechanism will be developed for multi-source periodic performance appraisals. Check out the following image for quick review-
7. Under Graduate will be of either 3 or 4 years: The UG degree will have multiple exit options. An Academic Bank of Credit shall be established which would digitally store the academic credits earned from various recognized HEIs so that the degrees from an HEI can be awarded taking into account credits earned.
8. National Research Foundation will be set up through an act of Parliament: NRF will be set up to develop a culture of research, through suitable incentives, recognition of outstanding research & undertaking major initiatives to seed & grow research at State Universities & other public institutions where research capability is currently limited.
Stay tuned with Assam Career .NET for more educational and career related news!!!