ONGC Apprentices Recruitment 2020: Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) a “Maharatna” Public sector Enterprise as a measure of the skill-building initiative for the Nation, proposes to engage the following 716 nos apprentices in different trades at its fields and offices in the operational areas of ONGCs. Note that out of total 4182 seats of Apprentices 716 nos seats are against Eastern Sectors of ONGC. The training for the 716 seats of Eastern Sector will be held in Assam.
- Issue of advertisement and call for applications: 29th July 2020
- opening of online application portal at www.ongcapprentices.ongc.co.in 29th July 2020 11:00 HRS
- Last date for receiving of applications: 17th August 2020 18:00 HRS
- Date of Result/Selection: 24th August 2020
- Receive confirmation from candidates: 24th August 2020 – 1st September 2020
ONGC Apprentices Recruitment 2020 Details:
The following are the ONGC Apprentices Recruitment 2020 details for Eastern Sector in Jorhat, Golaghat, Silchar, Nazira & Sivasagar.
Seats for Jorhat (Jorhat & Golaghat): Total 156 Seats
- Accountant- 05
- Assistant HR- 10
- Electrician- 27
- Instrument Mechanic-12
- Laboratory Assistant (Chemical Plant)-06
- Mechanic (Motor Vehicle)-18
- Mechanic Diesel-10
Seats for Silchar (Cachar, Hailakandi and Karimganj): Total 49 Seats
- Accountant- 03
- Assistant HR- 03
- Secretarial Assistant (ITI) 10
- Computer Operator and Programming Assistant (COPA)- 01
- Draughtsman (Civil)- 01
- Electrician- 06
- Fitter- 08
- Instrument Mechanic- 01
- Machinist- 02
- Mechanic Diesel- 08
- Welder- 06
Seats for Nazira & Sivasagar(Sivasagar and Charaideo): Total 511 Seats
- Accountant- 14
- Assistant HR- 90
- Computer Operator and Programming Assistant (COPA)- 20
- Draughtsman (Civil)- 02
- Electrician- 50
- Electronics Mechanic- 10
- Fitter- 60
- Instrument Mechanic-10
- Information & Communication Technology System Maintenance-20
- Laboratory Assistant (Chemical Plant)-10
- Mechanic (Motor Vehicle)- 04
- Mechanic Diesel- 50
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic- 02
- Surveyor- 04
- Welder- 20
- Civil- 20
- Electrical- 35
- Mechanical- 55
Eligibility Criteria for ONGC Apprentices Recruitment 2020:
Age Criteria: Minimum 18 years and maximum of 24 years as on 17.08.2020. That is, the Date of Birth of the Candidate/Applicant should between 17.08.1996 and 17.08.2002. The following are the Concession & Relaxation of age limit:
- The upper age is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates for the trades reserved for them.
- Candidates belonging to PwBD categories shall be given age relaxation up to 10 years (up to 15 years for SC/ST and up to 13 years for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Candidates)
QUALIFICATION & ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
DURATION OF TRAINING: The Training duration is 12 months for all disciplines mentioned above except for the Library assistant, wherein the training period is 6 months.
STIPEND: The apprentices are eligible for monthly stipend as per the Apprentices Act, 1961, Apprenticeship Rules 1992 as amended from to time during their engagement period.
The trainee is not eligible for any TA-DA/Boarding or Lodging expenses incurred during the period of training. ONGC will not provide any financial assistance towards transportation.
SELECTION PROCESS: Selections for engagement of Apprentices would be based on the basis of marks obtained and Merit drawn. In case of a similar number in merit, a person with higher age would be considered. No canvassing or influencing would be acceptable at any time and may render for non-consideration.
How to apply for ONGC 716 Apprentices Seats?
The Candidates meeting the above-prescribed eligibility criteria should visit the ONGC Official website- www.ongcapprentices.ongc.co.in and apply online from 29.07.2020 11:00 HRS till 17.08.2020 by 18:00 hours.
Before applying for above apprentices positions, candidates have to first register themselves in online portals of the following agencies of Govt. of India:
- For Trade Apprentices- at https://apprenticeshipindia.org/(For the Trades mentioned in Sl. No 1 to 19 on the image above)
- For Technician Apprentices: With the concerned Regional Board of Apprenticeship Training (BOAT) in their portal National Apprenticeship Training Scheme (NATS) under the Ministry of Human Resource Development. The link https://portal.mhrdnats.gov.in/ boat/ commonRedirect / register menunew!registermenunew.action (Trades mentioned in Sl. No 20 to 25).
After successful registration with the above agencies, a registration number will be generated and the candidate has to mention this registration number while applying for apprentices positions in ONGC website- ongcapprentices.ongc.co.in
Also, The candidate should have a scanned copy of the colour photograph (Size: between 20-50 KB in JPG Format) and signature in black ink (Size: between 10-30 KB in JPG Format), etc. ready before applying on-line.
Steps to Submit ONGC Apprentices Online Application:
- First of all register yourself by providing the Personal details and work Center Details. The Registration link is shared below-
- After successful registration, now log in again-
- Now enter the registration details, Personal details, qualification details, and Upload the Photographs and tick the declaration box.
- Finally hit the Submit button
- Take a print out of the submitted registration form.
- That’s it!!
You can read the Official advertisement of ONGC Apprentices Recruitment 2020 here, for more details.