Pragjyotish College, Guwahati invites applications in the format prescribed by the DHE, Assam along with complete Bio-data and all testimonials from HSLC onwards from eligible candidates having good academic records and latest UGC norms for direct recruitment of the following vacant posts of Assistant Professors.
LATEST NEWS: In pursuance to the Advertisement No. CD/SV/ RL000124/1 dated 24th June 2020 published in the ‘Assam Tribune’, ‘Dainik Asom’ and college website for the post of Assistant Professors, the last date for submission of application forms has been extended up to 30th July 2020 due to pandemic situation. For details please visit college website www.pragjyotishcollege.ac.in.
Official Notice of Pragjyotish College Guwahati extension is attached here
The following are the Various positions available in Pragjyotish College Guwahati
- Assistant Professor in Chemistry: 01 Post (UR) Roster Point 14
- Assistant Professor in Physics: 01 Post (UR-PwD) Roster Point 01
- Assistant Professor in Physics: 01 Post (UR) Roster Point 07
- Assistant Professor in Physics: 01 Post (UR) Roster Point 16
- Assistant Professor in Zoology: 01 Post (UR) Roster Point 24
- Assistant Professor in Botany: 01 Post (OBC/MOBC-PwD) Roster Point 67
- Assistant Professor in Geology: 01 Post (STH) Roster Point 70
- Assistant Professor in Bengali: 01 Post (STP) Roster Point 45
- Assistant Professor in English: 01 Post (OBC/MOBC) Roster Point 17
Educational Qualification: The candidates must have at least 55% marks at the Master Degree level (5% is relaxable to the candidates belonging to ST/ SC Category) in the concerned subject and must have cleared the NET/ SLET/ SET conducted by the UGC/ CSIR or similar test accredited by UGC like SLET Commission.
The candidates having Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the UGC (Minimum standard & procedure for award of Ph. D Degree) Regulation, 2009 shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET.
Age Limit: Candidates should not be more than 38 (Thirty-Eight) years of age as on 01.01.2020. There will be an age relaxation of 5 years for ST/SC candidates.
Salary: The salary will be according to the UGC scale of pay and other allowances as per rule
Application Fees: Rs. 2000/-(Rupees Two Thousand only)
How to apply: Applications with relevant documents, along with the documentary proof of submitting the application accompanied by a non-refundable demand draft of Rs. 2000/- (Rupees Two Thousand) only drawn in favor of Principal, Pragjyotish College, Guwahati – 9, payable at the SBI, West Guwahati Branch must reach the undersigned
within 15 days from the date of publication of this advertisement. The envelope must be superscribed with the name of the post.
The last date for submission of application forms has been extended up to 30th July 2020 due to pandemic situation.
- Candidates have to acquire qualifications as on the last date for submitting application Eligibility like M. Phil/ Ph.D. seminar papers, publications can be acquired and submitted on or before the interview.
- In-service candidates have to apply through proper channel with a NOC from the concerned authority. Without NOC the applications are liable to be rejected.
- The candidates must have a Permanent Residence Certificate (PRC) and must know the local language.
You can read the advertisement of Pragjyotish College, Guwahati Asst Prof Posts (Chem, Phy, Bot, Zoo, Geo, Bengali, English)-here. The application form to apply for the vacancy is uploaded, find the attachment here.
NOTE: No T.A/ D.A. will be borne by the College. Incomplete/ defective applications will be rejected at the time of scrutiny and no call letter will be issued to such candidates.