Scholarships for SC students, Assam 2020-21: National Scholarship Portal (NSP) has announced Pre-Matric & Post-Matric scholarships for SC students up to Rs. 225 Per month + Rs. 750 p.a. for Day scholars and Rs. 525 per month + Rs. 1,000 p.a. for Hostellers. The portal is open until 30th Oct 2020.
National Scholarship Portal reopens the Post-Matric & Pre Matric scholarship to SC students read in Class IX and X whose annual family income is less than Rs. 2.50 lakh can apply for it.
Scholarships for SC students in Assam Details
This Post-Matric and Pre-Matric scholarship for SC students is only started in Assam until 30th October 2020. So, that student whose family income is less than Rs. 2.50 lakh can apply for the scheme. If you want, you can check out the amount of the scheme and other details here.
|Scheme||Scholarships for SC students of Assam|
|Year||2020 – 2021|
|Eligible students||Pre Matric SC students read in Class IX-X|
Post Matric SC students
|Last Date||30th Oct 2020|
Objective of the scheme
The main objective of the scheme is-
(a) To assist the parents of SC children for the education in class IX and X so that the incidence of drop-out, especially in the transition from the elementary to the secondary stage is minimized, and
(b) To improve participation of SC student in classes IX and X of the pre-matric
stage, so that they perform better and have a better opportunity of progressing to the
post-matric stage of education.
Also, check out NEC Merit Scholarship 2020 | Scholarship up to Rs. 30,000/- p.a.
Benefits of the Scholarship
On the new notification, the benefits are not mentioned but as seeing the earlier guidelines we can get some basic benefits. Those are shown below-
- Day scholars will get Rs. 225 per month for 10 months along with Books and Ad hoc grant of Rs. 750 per annum.
- Hostellers will get Rs. 525 per month along with Books and Ad hoc grant of Rs. 1,000 per annum.
- Students with disabilities will get
- Monthly reader allowance of Rs. 160 for Blind students.
- Monthly Transport allowance of Rs. 160.
- Severely disabled will get monthly escort allowance of Rs. 160.
- Monthly helper allowance of Rs. 160.
- Monthly Coaching allowance of Rs. 240.
Eligibility of Scholarship for SC students scheme
There are some important eligibility criteria required that you should know for this scheme. Check out those-
- Only Scheduled Caste (SC) students are eligible.
- Annual family income of the student should not exceed Rs. 2.50 lakh per annum.
- He/she should not be getting any other Centrally-funded Pre Matric Scholarship.
- Student or applicant should have an Aadhaar card or should apply for Aadhaar.
- He/She should be a regular, full-time student studying in a Government School or in a recognized School by Central/State Board.
- The student will get the scholarship for only one year. If the student repeats the class will not get any benefits.
To know more eligibility conditions along with benefits in-depth details, you can check out the Guidelines from NSP website.
How to apply for the Scholarship for SC students in Assam?
Those who are interested and belongs to the SC community can apply for the scheme in Assam on the official National Scholarship Portal (NSP) website. The steps to complete the registration are shown here-
- Visit the NSP website.
- For new user, register yourself on the New Registration section.
- Now login to with your given user name and password.
- Find your scholarship for SC students and fill your complete details.
- Submit your documents for verification.
- After completion Submit your details and take print of the receipt.
Also, Check out Assam Pragyan Scheme 2020 | Free Scooty for Girl Students
Documents Required for the scheme
You have to submit some documents on behave of the scheme, those are-
- One copy of the application for scholarship in the prescribed form.
- For fresh candidate- One passport photo with the signature of the student.
- Copy of Passed certificate, Diploma, Degree that has passed.
- Caste Certificate of the student.
- Income certificate.
- Aadhaar Card.
Guidelines of the Scheme