Hey Viewers, Prepare Hard for the SSC CGL 2018 exam? As its time to apply online for SSC CGL 2018 Examination. As we know Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Combined Graduate Level Examination is held to select the excellent candidate for the group B & C post under Ministries and Department of Indian Govt. and in subordinates offices. The group ‘B’ post is Non-Gazetted Level, and group ‘C’ post is Non-Technical levels.
As like another year this year also SSC CGL 2018 EXAMINATION is going to held on the prescribed dates. Here below have a look at the Important dates( Tentative) of the examination and application filing.
SSC CGL 2018 Examinatiob Important Dates Table
|Application Start From||05/05/2018|
|Last date of Application||04/06/2018|
|Date of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I)||25.07.2018-20.08.2018|
|Date of (Tier-II)||To be notified Later|
|Date of (Tier-III) (Descriptive)||To be notified Later|
|Date of (Tier-IV) (Skill Test)||To be notified Later|
Positions going to fill after SSC CGL 2018 Exam:
Group “B” Post:
- Assistant Audit Officer;
- Assistant Accounts Office;
- Inspector of Income TAX
- Assistant Section Officer;
- Sub Inspector
- Assistant Superintendent
- Inspector( Central Excise/ preventive officer/ Examiner)
- Assistant Enforcement officer
- Inspector Posts
- Divisional Accountant
- Junior Statistical Officer
Group “C” Post:
- Junior Accountant;
- Senior Secretariat Assistant;
- TAX Assistant
- Sub Inspector
- Upper Division Clerks
SSC CGL 2018 Online Application details:
The online procedure is started from 05/05/2018 and let me remind you the Last date is 04/06/2018. The candidate willing to apply for SSC CGL have to pay the application fee of Rs. 100/-. Also, note that the candidate can pay the application fee through SBI Challan/ SBI Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard or Maestro Credit or Debit card. However, the candidates belonging to SC/ST/Ex-servicemen and Women are free from the payment. Before Online application filling, you need the following things on handy-
- Secondary Board Exam Roll Number(10th Board Examination Roll No.)
- Scan Coloured Passport size Photo [in jpg format and size should be 4-20 KB]
- Scan signature [in jpg format and size should be 1-12 KB ]
- For online payment note down the Internet banking user ID and Password/ Debit Card/ Credit Card.
Now here below are the SSC CGL online application filling step.
- First visit here the official website- ssc.nic.in,
- Then, click on the apply button given at the above,
- Now a new window will appear, Click the link ” Click here to Apply “
- You can see the New Registration PART, CLick on the ” Register” Button
- A simple “Required Details” form will appear on the screen; fill it and Click on “Enter.”
- Now, another form will appear, you need to fill the Registration form for examination!
- After Submitting the Registration form, you will see that another window opened, where you can find your Registration Number and Password,(Keep it safely)
- Now, you have to upload the Photo and Signature and submit it, Here you have done with the Registration part.
- Now, to complete the application form, You have to log in again in the Apply part. Here you need the Registration number and Password.
- After Logging in you will see the application form, Fill it and submit it. (Note never forget to tick the declaration part). Then click on the final submission after checking the details once more.
- Now its time for the fee payment(the candidate who is exempted from the fee a will not see this section) select the mode online or offline. For offline, the candidate gets the challan, and for online they have to proceed further with the NET Banking/ Card payment/ others payment mode etc.
- After the successful payment mode, the candidate will consider provisionally. Take a print out of the application form.
- That’s it!
Time for some facts now:
- Last Year on 2017 total 3.8 Million Candidate applied for SSC CGL And only 1.5 million actually appear in the Prelims examinations.
SSC CGL 2018 EXAM details:
Every year the exam brings new hope for the Prepared candidates. SSC CGL examination is divided into four tier system. Here are some useful information on SSC CGL Examination 2018–
- (Prelims) Tier -I will be a Computer Based Examination
- Tier -II is also a Computer Based Examination
- The Tier -III is Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
- Tier-IV – Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
Below I have briefly mentioned about them have a look-
SSC CGL Tier-I Examination:
Tier-I is often known as the preliminary examination or in short prelims. Unlike Another year this year prelims exam will be conducted online. Moreover, looking at the latest scam in Bihar this time the authority may have some strict rules. Tier I Examination will consist the following topics-
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Comprehension
Total 200 marks for the 100 MCQ within 60 minutes. Note that there will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer.
SSC CGL Tier-II Examination:
After the Tier-I exam, the shortlisted candidate have to appear the Tier-II exam. The Tier II is more advanced and difficult than the Tier-I. The TierII exam is also computer-based ie online mode. The exam is conducted on the following four paper-
- Quantitative Abilities- Paper-I
- English Language and Comprehension- Paper-II
- Statistics- Paper-III
- General Studies (Finance and Economics)- Paper-IV
The Tier-II exam is for 800 marks and the total 500 questions will be there from the above topics. Also, note that the Tier-II exam carries Negative marks too. For the Paper-I the negative there is 0.25 marks and for the other paper, the negative mark is 0.50 marks.
SSC CGL Tier-III Examination:
The Tier-III Examination is the pen & paper mode descriptive type paper.in English or Hindi Language (Writing of Essay/ Precis/ Letter/ Application etc.). The descriptive paper is for one hour(60 minutes) and for 100 marks. Only after clearing the 2nd phase ie the Tier-II examination the candidate can appear for the tier-III.
SSC CGL Tier-IV Examination:
The Final examination Tier-IV is consist of Date Entry Skill Test (DEST) & Computer Proficiency Test (CPT). The DEST is a skill test where the candidate has to entered data @ 2000 key press in 15 minutes. However, this is done only for some special posts. Moreover, the CPT is a computer-based test where the candidate has to perform the slide presentations (Powerpoint), sheet(Excel), word processing(word), tally etc.
While note that for some certain post the candidate may also appear for the personality test, Interview, PST etc.
For further more details check the official ad here >>Click here<<
Thats it! I have cover the topics as much as I can; yet there might some point I missed. So mention that in the comment section! If it possible I will try to cover it!