The Staff Selection Commission will hold an Open Competitive Examination for recruitment of Sub-Inspectors (SI) in Delhi Police and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs). Out of the Total 1564 posts of SI Delhi Police & CAPFs, 169 nos posts for Delhi Police SI (Open/Departmental candidates /Ex-Servicemen) and the remaining 1395 are for SI CAPFs various posts of CRPF/ BSF/ITBP/CISF/SSB.
The last date and time for submission of online applications are 16-07-2020.
The Departmental candidates amongst Constables, Head Constables and Assistant Sub-Inspector of Delhi Police with minimum three years service and who shall not be more than 30 years (33 years for OBC and 35 years for SC/ ST) of age as on crucial date given at Para 5.1 (of the advertisement) may also apply for filling up of Open and Departmental Vacancies of Sub-Inspector (Executive)-Male.
Follow the following tables for more clarification on SI Delhi Police & CAPFs-
- Sub-Inspector (Exe.) in Delhi Police- Male/Female:
|Sub-Inspector (Exe.) in|
Delhi Police – Male
|Total vacancies 91|
Departmental candidates- 09
|Sub-Inspector (Exe.) in|
Delhi Police – Female
|Total vacancies- 78|
all are Open category
- Sub-Inspector (GD) in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs):
|CRPF||Total Vacancies- 1072|
(Male-1040, Female- 32)
|BSF||Total Vacancies: 244|
|ITBP||Total Vacancies: 43|
(Male -36, Female- 07)
|CISF||Total Vacancies: 20|
|SSB||Total Vacancies: 16 |
SSC SI Delhi Police & CAPFs Post Details:
The following are the short details of the Post qualification, age limit etc for the posts of SSC SI DELHI Police & CAPFs-
Educational Qualification: The candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent, for all posts of SI DELHI Police & CAPFs, i.e mentioned above.
Note: For the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police only: Male candidates must possess a valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) on the date fixed for Physical Endurance and Measurement Tests. However, the candidates who do not have a Valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) are eligible for all other posts in CAPFs.
Age Limitation: The Age limit of the candidates should be from 20 to 25 years as on 01-01-2021 i.e. Note that the Candidates born not before 02-01-1996 and not later than 01-01-2001). Age-Relaxation permissible beyond the upper age limit, you can check the official ad for the information.
- Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs: The post carries pay scale of Level-6 (Rs.35,400- 1,12,400/-) and is classified as Group “B” (Non-Gazetted), Non-Ministerial.
- Sub-Inspector (Executive) – (Male/ Female) in Delhi Police: The post carries pay scale of Leve-6 (Rs.35,400-1,12,400/-) and is classified as Group “C” (Non-Gazetted) by Delhi Police.
Application Fees: Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) need to pay by candidates during Online application. However, Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from paying a fee.
The Application Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro RuPay Credit, or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
Selection Process: The examination will consist of Paper-I, Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET), Paper-II, and Detailed Medical Examination (DME). All these stages of the examination are mandatory. Details of these Papers/ Tests are as follows:
Question Paper Details:
- Questions in both papers will be of Objective Multiple Choice Type.
- Questions will be set in Hindi and English in Parts-I, II, and III of Paper-I.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I & Paper-II.
Examination Centre: Itanagar (5001), Dibrugarh (5102), Goalpara (5104), Guwahati (Dispur),(5105) Jorhat (5107), Lakhimpur (5109), Silchar (5111), Tezpur (5112), Kohima (5302), Shillong (5401), Imphal (5501), Churachandpur (5502), Ukhrul (5503), Agartala (5601), Aizwal (5701).
How to apply Online through: The applications are required to be submitted in online mode only at the official website of SSC Headquarters i.e. https://ssc.nic.in. The following are the documents need to upload-
- scanned color passport size photograph in JPEG format (20 KB to 50KB). Image dimension of the photograph should be about 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height).
- Scanned signature in JPEG format (10 to 20 KB). Image dimension of the signature should be about 4.0 cm (width) x 2.0 cm (height).
The following are the Online Application steps of SI Delhi Police & CAPFs –
- Visit- https://ssc.nic.in
- Do the One-Time Registration
- Now log in and filled the Online Application Form
- Preview and verify the information provided by you and submit the Application.
- Proceed to make fee payment if you are not exempted from payment of a fee.
- Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan. Refer Para-9 of the Notice of Examination for further information on the payment of the fee.
- When the application is successfully submitted, it will be accepted “Provisionally”. Take a Printout of the “Application Form” for future reference.