Svayem Scheme Assam 2020: Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Empowerment Yojana has the objective to provide financial assistant to the educated unemployed of the state.
Government of Assam is implementing Redesigned-Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Empowerment Mission (Re-SVAYEM) Scheme to develop an entrepreneurship oriented ecosystem in the state. Under this scheme, Working Capital of up to Rs. 50,000 to 2 lakh members are to be distributed.
Svayem Scheme Assam 2020 Details
Under the Svayem Scheme, Assam Government will provide a Seed Money and Working Capital of up to Rs. 50,000 to the enterprising groups such as Self-Help Groups (SHGs), Joint Liability Groups (JLGs), FPOs and Cluster Level SPVs etc. in 2020. Almost 2 lakhs members will get the benefits here.
|Scheme||Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Empowerment Yojana (SVAYEM)|
|Year||2020 – 2021|
|Benefits||Assistance up to Rs. 50,000 of Working capital|
|No. of Beneficiaries||2 Lakh members|
|Eligibility||A group of 5 to 20 members doing any business|
|Application Date||Begins from 16 September 2020|
Benefits of the Scheme
Those who have registered under the Svayem scheme will get benefits of Rs. 50,000 for Seed capital. Each member of a group can avail the benefits. Basically, govt will provide the funds in two tranches for promoting entrepreneurial activities at the grass root level.
Objectives of the government
- To generate employment opportunities in rural as well as urban areas through setting up of new ventures as well as growing existing ventures.
- Provide financial assistance to micro and small business entities engaged in the manufacturing, trading and services sector.
- To provide financial assistance for enhancement of income level of traditional artisans ensuring sustainable growth.
Also, check out Assam ORUNODOI Scheme 2020
Eligibility Criteria for Svayem scheme
Some besic eligibility criteria need to be fulfilled to avail the benefits. Those are-
- Applicants (all members of the group) should be a permanent resident of Assam and currently residing in the state of Assam.
- Those applicants should be between 18 – 40 years of age and have passed at least HSLC exam before application.
- Only members of Self-Help Groups (SHGs), Joint Liability Groups (JLGs), Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs), Cluster Level SPVs/ Federations of the state, which have been formed before 1st September 2020 will be eligible for Svayem Scheme 2020.
- Only groups which consist of a minimum of 5 members to a maximum of 20 members will be considered.
- Applicant group should have a Group Bank account in a Scheduled Commercial Bank / Co-operative Bank which has been opened before 1st September 2020.
- All the members of an eligible group should have a bank account which has opened before 1st September 2020.
- No member of the group either (individually or collectively) should have defaulted any loan taken from any bank in the past and a self-declaration to that effect is to be submitted with the application.
- Applicants should submit a brief profile/ idea of the venture they intend to take up/ expand, which can be converted into a viable commercial venture with the support of seed capital and capacity building program.
- Applicants groups who have already shown or possess skills and knowledge in the business they intended to take would be given preference.
How to Apply for Svayem Scheme at Online portal?
Svayem scheme Assam can apply online at svayem.in portal that was opened on 16 September, 2020. So those who are thinking should apply at the online portal. Svayem scheme application process is given here-
- Visit the Svayem Scheme Portal.
- Click on ‘New Registration‘ in the form.
- Enter your Group Name and Mobile No. and Generate OTP.
- After you verify your Group, complete the details.
- Fill up the online application form and documents required.
- Submit your Svayem scheme application form.
Visit the svayem.in portal here. After completion of this, your application will be given to the verification process. If you are selected then 1st Phase of the fund will be sent to your registered Bank account.
When Svayem Yojana 2020 Online application form will be available?
Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Empowerment Yojana (Svayem) Scheme online application form was out on 16 September 2020. You can check the application form at the online portal svayem.in. For reference check out the image below of how the form looks like.
Svayem yojana guidelines and documentation are here.