Applications are invited from the candidates in the prescribed standard form of applications
published in part IX of the Assam Gazette who are the citizen of India for engagement of Textile
Designer-cum Marketing Executive on contractual basis under the scheme of Handloom
Cluster Development Programme (HCDP) implemented by the Directorate of Handloom &
Textiles, Assam in 3 (Three) District/Sub-division i.e., Kolapani in Biswanath Chariali, Dharikati
in Sonitpur, and Bagalijan Saboti in Lakhimpur District.
- Name of the Post: Textile Designer-cum Marketing Executive
- Qualification & Experience: The candidate should have a Degree/Diploma (Minimum 3 years duration course) in Textile Designing/Fashion Technology from Govt. recognized reputed institute and having minimum 4 years of experience in the field. The candidate having a Degree/Diploma from NIFT/NID will be preferred. Responsibilities The designer will be responsible for developing new designs, product development/diversification, preliminary training to the weavers on transferring newly developed paper designs on the fabrics, marketability of newly developed handloom products of the cluster and also for documentation of the design/products development and as per MOU signed with the implementing authority.
- Fee/Salary: Rs. 20,000/- per month as professional fee/salary including travel, boarding, lodging, etc.
- Period of engagement: 1 year as per provision of project and subject to yearly renewal of MOU on satisfactory performance and availabilities of fund
- Age Limitation: Maximum age 45 years as of 31.10.2020.
The application may be submitted along with all relevant supporting documents and 2 copies of
recent passport size photograph to the Director, Handloom & Textiles, Assam, GNB Road, Ambari, Guwahati -1 on or before 19th December 2020.
The eligible candidates will have to appear in an interview before the selection committee for engagement. No T.A./D.A will be borne by the Deptt. The detailed terms of reference may be seen on the Directorate website www.dht.assam.gov.in. The candidate who is presently working in the IHDS/BLC under NHDP or similar projects is required to furnish NOC from the concerned authority. The candidate who belongs to the project District will be given preference.