Union Public Service Commission held a special review meeting on 4th May 2020; the Commission announced that it will not be possible to resume examinations and interviews keeping a view on the current situation of the COVID 19 Pandemic.
Further the official notification also mentioned that the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2020, scheduled to be held on May 31, 2020, is, therefore, stands postponed. Including the Indian Forest Service Examination; since this examination also serves as the screening test for the Indian Forest Service Examination.
Commission also mentioned that the situation will be reviewed again on May 20, 2020, and fresh dates for these examinations shall be notified on the UPSC website in due course. And also the commission will ensure that candidates are given a notice of at least 30 days.
In addition, the Commission has already deferred the following:
- Personality test for remaining candidates for the Civil Services Examination, 2019;
- Notification for the Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination, 2020;
- Notification for the Combined Medical Services Examination, 2020;
- Notification for the Central Armed Police Forces Examination, 2020
- The NDA & Naval Academy Examination, 2020.
Source: UPSC Official Notification