May 18, 2020, Monday: Finance and Education Minister Mr. Himanta Biswa Sarma today held a press conference at Janata Bhawan ( Assam Secretariat). Addressing the press, Mr. Himanata start the conference with COVID data so far in Assam. After that, he starts the state benefits because of the 20 lakh crore package Atmanirbhar Bharat.
The following are some highlighted points on today’s conference-
- The working capital loan is extended to 3 months meaning for three months no interest and installment is to be paid,
- During these last few months, since lots of people were not paying the electricity bills, the power distribution company was unable to pay the amount of power purchase to the generation company. However, due to Atmanirbhar Bharat 20 Lakh Crore Package fund power distribution company get some relief.
- MSME can take a loan from the bank without a mortgage (66000 MSME Sector in Assam will be benefitted)
- Work closer date for the Contractor is extended for six months.
- TDS is reduced to 1.5% from 2%.
- Additional 5 kg Rice will be given for three months,
- Kisan Credit Card will be issued to Animal Husbandry (Poultry farm etc),
- The migrant labor worker will get MNREGA Job Cards,
- Around 2% interest of MUDRA Loan will be paid by Govt. of India.
- Street Vendor ( Vegetable seller, Chaiwala, etc) will get 10000
- For three months, Jan Dhan Yojana Account will be credited as DBT with Rs. 500 each month( approx. 1 crore person will be benefited in Assam)
- Ujalla Cylinder will be given for three months ( 35 lakh person will be benefited in Assam)
Further addressing the media Mr. Sarma shared the information of SWAYAM Prabha Channel, which is going provide e-Content-based on the Assamese Syllabus. For more details, you can read this article-Major Educational Reforms mentioned during the fifth tranche of Atmanirbhar Bharat
Discussing the matter of Finance he states that Assam Govt can borrow 3 % of the Indian GDP which is around 12000 Crore. An also it can be enhanced to 5% and then Assam Govt can borrow 20000crore.
He also discusses the fact that Active cases increased in the last few days is due to the incoming person in Assam, so far the Community Servilleance program in Assam, 16000 village was checked and no person is tested positive. So there is no issue of community transmission.